Friday, March 23, 2012

My outlet.

Hey. Guess what?

I have a brain.

I KNOW, RIGHT!? Shocked the shit out of me, too.

After a lot of years as a stay-at-home mom with a few different jobs here and there (babysitting, working at a radio station, etc), I decided to take a writing course at our local university (Creative Non-Fiction, to be exact.) And after, oh, I don't know...13 years being out of school??...needless to say, it was a bit of a shock. I haven't taken a test or written an essay in a whole lot of years. I have to sit there for the three hour duration of the class - which I do enjoy, but let's face it, as the mother of a 5 and 7 year old, I don't get to sit in the same place for three hours straight very often. I am being graded on the class. I have to pay attention and take notes and study and write and create projects. Plus, I'm a total dinosaur amongst a group of 20-year-old, 3rd year university students. So yeah. "Shock to the system" doesn't begin to describe it.

But it forced me to write.

And I realized how much I love writing.

And I am doing really well in the class.

And I know damn well that when the class ends in a few weeks, the writing will stop.

Which will be unfortunate, because as mentioned, I love to write. So, I started this blog. I do hope you visit often. It'll be a lot of ramblings about my life - my kids, my husband, my little world. A lot of observation of the world around me. A lot of topics I'm sure you'll relate to. Some you won't. I am not perfect. I swear a lot. I do and say stupid things. You will hear about mistakes I make and crazy thoughts I have. I hope you'll laugh.

(If not with me, then at least at me. I'm OK with that too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment