Friday, June 1, 2012

5 Things - the musical!

(This part has nothing to do with 5 Things Friday.  But I just wanted to say a big ol' THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time this week to let me know that they've read, and enjoyed, this blog so far!  It's great to hear and I appreciate the feedback so much.  So thank you for reading, maybe giggling a little, perhaps thinking I'm a total idiot, and then passing it on to anyone you think might enjoy it too!!)

Alright.  On to today's 5 things!!

When I love a song, I LOOOOOOOOVE a song, to the point that it drives everyone around me completely freaking crazy, because I will play it over and over and OVER again until everyone within 10 feet of me and my iPod either runs away, or starts wishing they were deaf.  When I first met my husband a whole bunch of years ago, I was obsessed with the song "Without Me" by Eminem (oh, you've TOTALLY started humming "two trailer park girls go 'round the outside...").  Eventually, Shawn was like, OK, listen, I totally want to get with you, so I'm trying to be tolerant, but seriously, I am going to stab my friggin eyes out, could we please listen to something else??  And the answer was no.  No, we couldn't.  Not until I got that song out of my system.  It took about 3 months.  True story.  Many songs would follow, including but not limited to Cee Lo's Forget You; Sugarland's Stuck Like Glue; Nickelback's Shakin' Hands; Rihanna's S&M...seriously, it's a long (and in some cases, such as my One Direction Infection, totally embarrassing) list.

Which leads me to today's post - FIVE SONGS I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF RIGHT NOW!

1. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe.  OMG, this is, like, totally, the BEST SONG EVER.  I mean it.  I love it.  I got Mackenzie and me tickets to the Justin Bieber show in Vancouver in October, and Carly Rae is opening.  I think I might lose my shit (and completely embarrass my daughter in the process) when she does this song live.  There's a Youtube video of the Biebs, Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez, and a bunch of other people who are a hundred years younger than I am, lip-synching and dancing to this song and just looking like they are having the BEST TIME EVER, and I find myself secretly watching it every once in awhile and wishing I was 20, skinny, rich, famous, and fake-singing into a banana phone/tennis ball/gatorade bottle (just watch the video.  You'll love it too.  You might not admit it, but you will love it.)

2. Carrie Underwood - Good Girl.  OK, my love for this song might have something to do with the video.  Yes, I am a woman, and yes, I am completely straight, but I can certainly recognize a hot piece of ass when I see it.  Her clothes, her body, her hair, oh my!  Singing this song very loudly when I'm alone in my kitchen is usually a big highlight of my day.  I'm sure my neighbors can hear me (and see me, for that matter), and I don't even care.  I just wish I had a pair of "goodbye shoes" to wear during my one-woman Kitchen Dance Parties.  I'm not sure what "goodbye shoes" actually look like, but I definitely know that I want a pair.

3. Eric Church - Springsteen.  Eric Church is just all kinds of awesome and every song he does is my favorite for at least a month.  This one is casual and laid-back, and it makes you think of summer and all the boys you thought you loved when you were 17, and how grown up you thought you were when you were a teenager.  "...back then when I was 17, and this old tattoo had brand-new ink, and we didn't care what your mom would think about your name on my arm..."  It's just good.  That's it.  I wish he was famous-er.

4. Train - Drive By.  The good thing about this one, is that you don't even need to exhaust your iPod by playing it on repeat, because as soon as you hear it once, it plays over and over in your own head until you can't stand it anymore and either give in and play it, or remove it completely from your device and stop listening to the radio/satellite/Shaw's MaxTrax/etc, just so you never have to hear it again.  "...Oh, I swear to ya...I'll be there for ya...this is not a drive by-ay-ay-ay-ay..."  Come on friends, sing it with me!

5. Kip Moore - Something 'bout a Truck.  Great song.  Period.

I totally have a hankering to listen to that Eminem song.  iTunes, here I come!

What are some of your favorites, or musical guilty pleasures?

1 comment:

  1. Hold on by Alabama Shakes.... I listen to it ALL day at work. Its Jocelyn lol.

    ReplyDelete