Monday, April 2, 2012

The height of fashion.

For the most part, I have fairly well-dressed children.  I go to the States often, the deals down there are insane, and I have a ridiculous shopping addiction, so the kids have more clothes than they could ever possibly wear.  Truly.  I just took a giant garbage bag full to the local consignment store, because it was a little out of control.

Normally, I don't let my son wear sweatpants to school.  Today, though, he was just getting over a bit of a cold, plus it's his "special helper" day, so I gave in.  I made sure they were nice, plain black ones, with a grey Kamloops Blazers t-shirt, his little Skechers runners, and his fleecy Under Armour spring jacket.  He left for school looking quite cute.

At noon, I had a lunch-hour supervision shift at the kids' school.  Imagine my surprise when I turned around to see my son heading down the stairs to the playground, looking like THIS.


Bright red "Angry Birds" toque, pushed back on his forehead.  Brown and white striped hoodie.  Grey shirt.  Navy gloves with a skeleton design.  And, the grand finale - his sweatpants TUCKED IN TO his lizard-shaped, bright green and blue rubber boots.

He gets his fashion sense from his dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment